Monday 26 November 2012

2nd chance...



I was thinking this morning about all the cool stuff my family have made with recycled timber... and it was in hot demand by specialty furniture shops in their locality... and you can see some of it in my previous posts...


Then, I thought that I'd like to share another cool thing my dad made...





This recycled timber coffee table was made from old verandah posts and an old road sign... that seemingly had no further value in the eyes of the owner.... the house was condemned to be demolished and the road sign made redundant - to be replaced by a new aluminum sign...




It reminds me, that sometimes in life, we can feel that we have messed up things up so big - that there seems no further value in what we do or who we are, or maybe even feel that our "best before date" has expired (lol)...


But nothing could be further from the truth!! In the eyes of the Creator you always have value, and He can take the broken pieces of our lives and remake us into something new... and can help us leave a legacy that will live on to inspire others...

A new creation, with new value, new hope, new purpose... that which seemed destined to destruction, now destined to be cherished once again!

I guess that's why I like recycling things, and this old sign really does have "dry weather only" now... :)

May you discover new purpose and hope today, and a fresh vision of your destiny according to His plan & purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment